It was wonderful. I felt beautiful. I felt confident. I wasn't nervous, only extremely elated. I had fun. People loved us, people loved me. They gave me compliments... I love compliments...both to give and to recieve. But now...it's over... all of it and it leaves me feeling empty in an odd sort of way.
There's that sadness nagging at my heart a bit.
The realization that another year has come and most of it is gone.
There is the feeling of why am I not embracing life more?
There are feelings that cannot be known.
The curtain of reality that slowly descends.
But I am also contentedly happy. Nothing spectacular. Just happy. Like slow-smile-spreading- across-your-face kind of happy when you see someone you love or something happens that brightens your day.
Yeah.
I'll be back later.
1 comment:
i'm glad you feel that way. let me have some of that content. (haha pun).
right now i'm hot, frustrated with my piano-playing abilities, and irritable for no particular reason. i could use a smile :P.
Post a Comment