have you ever sat on the bottom of a pool and looked upwards?
you can see the sunlight bouncing off the water.
you can see the ripples.
it's beautiful.
and then when it get's dark and the water is all shimmery.
the lights go on and it's mesmerizing.
water can be so calm and pretty.
and it can also be one of your worst enemies.
it's essential to life, and it can destroy life.
water.
then there's living water.
that's what i need right now.
i'm not sure what's going on.
i had a dream last night and i woke up shaking and crying.
God, help me.
--
Now a story that is amusing and also sad at the same time...
Yesterday my youth group and I went down to the Oakville Waterfront Festival to help clean-up. One of the jobs that we were given was to go along the fence-line and take down all the sponser signs and banners. So "the girls" were assigned to that and off we went. We got over half-way and we had a lot of signs and they were getting heavy so we put them down by the main gate, my mom stayed with them and we went to get the rest and then came back. Then Rachael and Rachel had to go get a couple signs that we had forgotten, so it was Mal, my mom and I sitting at this picnic table by the main gate with the signs. Now one of the sponsers of the festival was "Molson" and I was standing there with the "Molson" signs, and let me tell you, they weren't these little signs. They were BIG. In fact out of all the sponser signs, they were the biggest. So there I am standing there with these signs leaning up against me and there are people coming out of the gate and walking past us and some of them are looking our way and grinning and laughing and others are just looking at us. And then this one guys asks if he can have a sign and we tell him no and then this man stops right in front on us and and asks me a question, but I totally can't hear what he's saying, but I don't think I want to know what he's saying, because of the way he's looking at me and I'm just staring at him and he's looking awfully strangely at me. And so I say to my mom, "what's he saying?" kind of apprehensively. And she clues in and looks at me standing there in my red tank-top holding these gigantic red, blue and orange "Molson" signs and she looks at the guy who's now leering (or something similar) at the signs (or me?:S) and she says "turn the signs around RIGHT NOW Kathleen!" And then all of a sudden it hit me and I was like "AHHH, here I am a teenage girl standing at the main entrance to a festival holding signs advertising beer!" So blushing furiously I turned the signs around so they were facing me, and not the crowd. And my dear Mal was laughing, but it was okay, 'cause I was kind of laughing too, as well as thinking how embaressing that was. And that's basically the end of my story, but I felt kind of dirty after that and looked at and it wasn't pleasent and I never want a job holding a sign of any kind. And as I said at the beginning, it's amusing, but also sad at the same time.
The End.
3 comments:
bahaha that was so funny...because the girls in the Molson Canadian commercials waer rud tank tops and jeans....and it just all worked out..but yeah that guy was a little creepy. im sorry for laughing.
that's hilarious.
BAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
oh my dear kathleen.
it could only happen to you, eh?
hahahahh
i love you so much
Post a Comment