AOC 2008 has gone down in the history books. Sadly, it goes so fast and it's hard to take in everything. This was definately my best year yet. Coffeehouse was amazing; I have so many talented friends. The music was altogether beautiful. My favourite being "A Clare Benediction". Square Dancing was rediculously fun, I really wish we could do it more often. Hanging out with friends and new friends and meeting new people...it's crazy and wonderful. Devotions were so good in my group. Just being around people of like-mind for a couple days is entirely refreshing.
My best memories:
Playing Hallelujah from Shrek while my friend Jordan sang during the Finale!
Luke, Jon and Keith singing Blessed Be Your Name with Carol-Lee and Ben accompanying them during Coffeehouse and the Finale! Made me cry both times. I like tears of love and joy.
Square Dancing. So much fun.
When my dear friend sat me down and was honest with me about someone because he loved me....and the way he wanted to protect me. Then the assistance my other dear friend was willing to lend. (:P)
Worship time on Thursday night.
What people wrote on my teal folder. Makes me feel so loved.
When the guys and girls came to sing altogether for the first time.
Devotions. Carol-Lee and Samuel were amazing leaders.
The rain...dancing in it with my arms thrown wide.
Realizing how much I love God and how much more I have to learn.
I always come away from AOC feeling full and ready to go at life again. I feel like I've got spiritual energy pumping through every part of me.
This week is the play. 1837: The Farmer's Revolt. I've been challenged this year, encountering some things I either didn't expect or didn't know how to handle. Like handling a rifle...among other things.... It's all for good though, and for learning and stretching, and it's super exhilerating. I'm rather looking forward to it.
For the record: I'm going back to braces, starting in the next month. I'm resigned to it, and it's easier this time 'cause I've been here before. Sigh.
I'll see you around. don't forget to love.
(Happy Birthday Carol-Lee! I am so glad I know you.)
1 comment:
you couldn't have said any of that better. aoc was definately amazing. inexpressibly.
i'm glad i know you too:)
Post a Comment