Sunday, May 25, 2008

I must say [this dance]

In the dead of the night, last night, after a wonderfully happy cast and crew party; these lyrics spilled through my head over and over again. So I wrote them down, and now I'm putting them here. It's quite intimate I must say.

Can I have this dance forever
Can I waltz with you every day
Will you guide me through the footwork
Spin me out and bring me back in
Will you hold me in your arms
Lead me strongly on

I rather feel like it is a "chorus" for some song that must be brewing inside me somewhere. Oh, and before you think I've fallen into the pit of earthly romance without so much as backward glance or word of warning, I must also say it is a love song to Jesus. Go read it again.

Although...I must say yet again that this would be an incredibly romantic thing for a guy to say to the girl he wants to spend the rest of his life with. At least, that's what I think.

1 comment:

Carol-Lee Joy said...

oh Kathleen:) Ever in this battle between romance and being in love with Jesus.

:)