Monday, April 28, 2008

do not pass judgement on one another

I'm afraid that occassionally I am crippled by judgement on people. Like at OCHEC for instance.

My entire weekend was spent with 1 girl and 4 guys. Oh how genuine a weekend it was. "That was the best and most fun OCHEC ever." "I really appreciate girls who aren't superficial" "We can just hang out and be real!" "You guys (girls) are so different from a lot of them."

Who knew someone could change so radically in a year? Only because of circumstances they encountered in that year. At first glance they look the same, but they're not. I realized as he told me one story that time really does pass, and time passing changes people: sometimes for the worse, but hopefully for the better.

Our society states that outside appearance is everything. The Bible states that God looks at the heart. If you push away the jet black (I think it's) emo style haircut and look past the black and red clothing, you see a beautiful heart, with boundaries and hopes and dreams, an amazing smile, and a tender personality.

A friendly face in the crowd makes all the difference. It makes one stand out. Isn't it wonderful to feel cherished, even if you only see each other once or twice a year. Not in the instant crush sort of way, but the siblings in Christ sort of way. He has an incredible heart.

I don't know how to explain this guy. He's just cool. He forgot my name, but tried to remember, over and over again. He is so sweet and his smile is so encouraging.

She was glued to my side, and I was glued to her the whole weekend. Everywhere we went, we went together. She's a sweetheart. Everyone looks at her as they pass because she exudes this joy and happiness that's so lost in this world. I love her more all the time- we've got a lot in common.

Me- I like getting out of what I know every day and doing something different. Hanging out with different people and being real, and genuine and transparent and talking about things that actually matter in life, so it feels like it was worth my time. I hope people can see that I'm trying my best.

Then going back to the crowd I see almost every week and that I love deeply and doing something fun like dressing up in movie character costumes and eating dinner all together.-It's like sighing contentment.

Just a side thought: If your relationship is comfortable, then the situation, no matter how awkward can be dealt with. Love perseveres.

(Hopefully will add photos in the near future to this post).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

every time i come here i am astonished at the beauty and humility of your writing.
love you,