Thursday, July 19, 2007

these pages

I spell it out in a song
My confusions and hurts
It all spills out onto my empty page
My happiness and joy
It too comes rushing out
Like it always wanted to
But never knew how
I could write pages upon pages
Of my experiences
My trials and jubulations
I could teach the world to love
Do I have the courage
It's so easy to cut myself short
It's hard to tell myself I'm beautiful all the time
But I am, because I know I am.
My Heavenly Father has shown me I am.
And some have told I am.
Content to be me.
These pages can rustle in the wind and fly
Fly far away to the corners where they fly
To teach others what I've learnt.
And what I'm still learning.
It's not all able to be put down on paper
It's too honest and scary
I don't want to see it all in print
Then the world will know what's really going on
In my heart In my mind In my soul
I suppose though that if they are going to learn
I must write it all down, in black and white
It's what God sees anyways.
Am I ready to show it all?
Let these pages fly

--Kathleen


Note: I am considering basing a song on this poem that I wrote.

1 comment:

kathleen dunn said...

i miss you.
alot.

even if i was in ancaster.

we have to hang out so badly.