Wednesday, July 25, 2007

family

This past weekend was the (Laird) family reunion. I didn't think it would be a very good time, but low and behold, it was pretty good; especially since I met up with some cousins I forgot I had. I'm not even kidding. Granted, they're seventh cousins or something, but we look kind of similar and have the same last name so we decided to just call ourselves cousins and leave it at that. So we did, and I'm happy, because now I have more cousins than I thought I did. My first cousins that I see a lot more often were there as well. 1st Cousin: Emily

1st Cousin: Erin

Cousins: Ethan and Jessica

Cousin: Jenny(Jennifer) and I
Jenny is awesome. I think we'd be really close if we lived near each other.
And she's 16 too.
--
On Saturday afternoon I was dragging around and my dad came and asked me if I wanted to go to the beach town and look around and maybe shop or something. Well considering I was feeling really out of place and rather bored I jumped at the chance. So off we went with the sun roof open and the music playing. It takes a while to get there, but when we got there we drove around looking at the lake (Huron) and people and then we parked and walked up and down the street looking in stores. My dad and I each got a shirt and we then we got smoothies, but it wasnt what we got, it was the time. I haven't hung-out with my dad for a LONG time. He recently started a job and it's taken him away on business already a lot more then his old job, so we don't have time to be together that much; and just taking the time and going and doing something that we both enjoy was so fun and relaxing and I'm so glad we did it.
See, my dad and I are actually quite similar, a lot more similar than my mom and I. I'm not saying I don't have similarities to my mom, but my dad and I have a lot of the same interests in life and sometimes it's good just to be with someone who understands where you're coming from when you're standing there comparing colour or reading stats on a new car on line.
--
They took the stitches out of my gums and my doctor says I'm healing well.
I'm off drugs and my life is pretty decent.
It's summer what else can I say?
I love.
I love a lot.

2 comments:

Mal said...

Its cool that you guys get to see your family on a fairly regular basis but even better that you met someone you can kind f relate to and that is near your same age..dont be to fast to take forgranted you see the others to much though because you are lucky..some people dont get to see there relatives 2 or 3 years in a row. Its cool that you get along with your pops so well...I wish my dad and I could have a special bond..it would be cool,but something that is only a wish. AWWW you got your stitches out?! they looked so cool! dang! lol well thats good now you can really laugh!
anyways love you!

kathleen dunn said...

i really really really really really really really really miss you