Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006

Tonight...2006 ends.
Every year at this time I always sit back and wonder where the year went.
This year though, it seems to be over faster.
In yet, it also seems forever.

Some things seem like yesterday.
Others seem months and months ago.

People I met at the beginning of this year...I feel like I've known a lot longer than just 11 months.

I get this bittersweet feeling in me. I'm sad the year is over, but I can't wait to see what God has in store for me in the next year. And I try to think of all He has blessed me with in the last year and it put's me in awe of what He has given me and who He has placed in my life. It's almost overwhelming thinking back on all He has done. And I realize once again that my heavenly Father loves me more than anyone and He has my best interest in mind.
I have an awesome Father.

What have I learned this year?

I learned the true meaning of love.
I learned to give and take.
I learned that getting hyper is okay:P
I learned to just let it go.
I learned to live and love each day.
I learned that sometimes you just have to take it one step at a time.
I [RE]learned that honesty is the best policy.
I learned how to laugh out loud without regret.
I learned that there are some people in this world that love me for me.

And though I learned all that, I'm still learning 'cause there's something new to learn everyday.
If there wasn't, it would be pretty boring I think.

I feel like a whole different person from last year.
I do.

But it's the people in my life who make it.
My mom, We are different , yes. But you're a great sounding board. You listen for hours without complaint.
My dad, Singing. Fashion and Colour. Shopping. We have so much in common, and it's great.
My sister, We love to argue, but oh well, what would life be without it. Haha the jokes. (no comment).
My brother, You get me. That's all I'll say, you'll understand, 'cause you always do.
My friends. Keeping me going, co-op and choir and hanging out in between, and youth group and church. You guys are the best. I love you.
And last but certainly not least.
God. For all you've done in my life. For all you have yet to reveal. You know my heart, my wishes, my desires, my thoughts and my dreams. Thank you for Your mercy and Your grace. The love that you give. For You do truly know the plans You have for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me a hope and a future. Thank you.

FREEDOM.
LOVE.

My 2 words of 2006.

And now it is time for me to say goodbye to 2006 and post this as my final post of the year.

I leave you with this.

"There are better things ahead than any we leave behind"- [C.S.Lewis]

Amen.

Happy New Year!!

love you all,

Kathleen

2 comments:

Janelle said...

happy new year kathleen :D

Bekah Leigh said...

hey kathleen! i hope you had da bomb diggety new years! your reflections were mind stimulating to think about. peace out.