Christmas Eve 2 am. Snow is falling down in the streets. Echo soft, songs that were sung by candlelight.....
Well.... It is definitely NOT snowing. In fact, it's 5 degrees Celcius and it was raining earlier.
it doesn't feel like Christmas at all.
I keep trying to "feel" the Christmas spirit. And it's totally not working.
I mean it's Christmas Eve, but does it feel like it?
Not even close.
Even celebrating Winter Solstice *uhhhumm* is hard to do with the extreme lack of the white stuff.
I guess I can say I tried.
Christmas is supposed to be about peace and joy and love.
I'm not feeling it.
I heard that Christmas is all that YOU make it.
I guess I should be trying harder, but it's really hard.to conjure up those feelings with the missing elements. ( as I may have already mentioned).
I'm lonely tonight.
Don't ask why.
Not because there's a bad reason why I'm lonely.
I honestly don't really know.
I'm forgiving someone that didn't know they hurt me.
I'm sorry I treated you that way last time I saw you.
Because truthfully, I miss you.
We haven't talked in ages.
Like really talked.
My phone hasn't rung.
Oh as a little side note.
It was my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary on Friday (Dec 22nd).
I was thinking about it.
Imagine living with someone for 50 years.
Imagine all the emotions, the experiences shared.
I cannot imagine it.
I just hope that one day I get there myself.
50 years married to my love of life.
Happy (belated) Anniversary Grandma and Grandad!!
Well I'm coming to the end of this post. it'a getting late and *cough**cough* Santa will be here soon. I better sleep...after I get the rest of my presents wrapped.
Merry Christmas everybody!!
Even though there's no snow...
love you all,
--Kathleen<3
No comments:
Post a Comment