She hides behind a mask of fear,
A mask of doubt and unacceptance.
Doesn't she know that's it alright.
To show her face.
She hides because things aren't perfect,
Well, nobody's life is a fairytale.
Doesn't she know that it's alright.
To show her face.
She hides because of the issues,
The pain and the hurt that have overcome her.
Doesn't she know that it's alright.
To show her face.
She hides because she doesn't know,
How the people will respond.
Doesn't she know that it's alright.
To show her face.
It's alright to show her face,
To come out from behind the mask.
So people can see the beautiful her.
And her beautiful face.
This world has forced so many people,
To fake a laugh, fake a smile.
Too fast, too soon everybody will be
Hiding behind a mask of their own.
A mask lurks in the darkness
To take hold and cover our faces.
Do we want to end up hidden?
That's where we are bound.
Truth it teeters on the line,
A mask, it waits.
To overwhelm us with it's power.
And a fake identity.
Please I beg her.
Take off the mask!
She needs to know that people love her.
She needs to know that people care.
She hides behind a mask of fear.
A mask of doubt and unacceptance
Doesn't she know that's it's alright.
To show her face.
Please show your face.
2 comments:
its so true..
and makes you think..
what made you write that?
i love you baby
I wrote it because...
I'm not sure why actually.
I just got the idea and went with it.
I love you too.
See you tonight!!
Post a Comment