Monday, November 05, 2007

I look around

I look around and I see walls.
Walls of pain and hurt.
Walls of regret.
Walls that threaten to close in.

I look around and I see faces.
Faces masking emotion.
Faces hiding in the darkness.
Faces smiling the best they can.

I look around and I see hearts.
Hearts breaking in a million pieces.
Hearts weighed down with many burdens.
Hearts that are empty, with nothing left.

I look around and I see feet.
Feet running as fast as they can.
Feet headed in the wrong direction.
Feet dragging.

I look around and I see eyes.
Eyes that stare straight ahead.
Eyes that have lost their life.
Eyes that are tired of looking so hard.

I look around and I see hands.
Hands that rest limply at one's side.
Hands that grasp at the air.
Hands that hold many things.

I look around and I see you.
You who is breaking inside.
You who needs some real love.
You who needs a breath of air.

"Free yourself from the chains that enring your neck, O captive daughter of Zion"-Isaiah 52:2b

This is for many people, including myself.
There's an old saying that goes, "the truth wil set you free".
I need God more than ever before.
He's doing some crazy things.
Healing and helping, breaking me and teaching me things.
I just want to keep looking up even though I keep getting knocked down again.
I'm not steady on my feet.
Thank goodness I serve a God who will keep picking me up even when I think I can't get up anymore.
He's my only hope.


I love you more than before.
That's all I can say.

4 comments:

Mal said...

you do really get it..you do.

Carol-Lee Joy said...

praying for you Kathleen. hope you're having a better day.

oh, and read Isaiah 40, especially the end. that's what i read a lot lately, especially when i'm down.

Janelle said...

i love you kathleen!

kathleen dunn said...

i'm here for you baby.
you know that.

even when we're both having rough times.
we can help eachother up

love you alot.