No pain, no gain. Is this true? I think so.
If you are in need of reading a potentially entertaining story, read on!
Tonight at youth we played this game where one person had to go, run and duck behind 3 seperate obstacles to try to get to the hoola-hoop and touch it without being hit by a ball being thrown at them by the other team (in this case boys vs. girls). Seems simple enough. Girls were up for ducking and dodging first. I was volunteered first female up. Now, here's the thing. I'm not the kind of girl who enjoys ducking and dodging and escaping and all that, but for some reason my brain was in a different gear and I just thought whatever!!! So I handed my glasses over to my dear friend and got ready to go. Let me just say, what followed was epic. (Or epic in the story of Kathleen). On "go!" I immediately threw myself to the ground behind the first table, I was untouched by flying balls. Peeking over the top I then hurled myself across the floor to behind the other table and peeked over again as balls flew past me. Oh, now my adrenaline was pumping. The last obstacle before reaching the hoola-hoop was a couch, and somehow in one giant slide sorta flip thing I will never be able to repeat ever! I reached the safety zone, all of a sudden feeling my elbow exploding in pain. I then ducked out and threw myself at the hoola-hoop scoring the girls 1 point. I stood up completely exhilerated while the girls cheered and the guys stood there a little shocked. (Did I mention I am not an aggresive person?) I then took a good look at my elbow. I had managed in my sliding, ducking and dodging feats to scrape most of the skin off the lower side of my elbow. It was impressive and it stung like crazy. After following my friends advice to put it under water, which wasn't good advice but I didn't clue in because I was concentrating on the growing stingingness. lol. (I love you Mal, and I know you're reading this and laughing at me...or rather, with me.:P) And the water totally made it feel a ton worse and so then I almost swore. Yep. In church! I was really on a good role, aggression and cussing. Haha. The other thing is I hadn't been at youth in ages 'cause of work and stuff, so yeah I was making a nice impression after my absence. Then one of the leaders who is a doctor of sorts had a look at it and proclaimed I needed a bandage. So my youth pastor got out the first aid kit. Well, let me tell you, I don't know how long that kit has been there, but it's been a long time. Everything is OLD! Anyway, so there were no regular bandages large enough to cover my elbow so my pastor opted for a rather large gauze bandage which was then wrapped around my elbow making the fact that I had been slightly injured rather obvious. His reasoning was such a display of aggression from me with such consequences should be rewarded with warrior bandages. (Shakes head and rolls eyes. He's a funny one, and I love him) Of course my dearest (cough) thought it was a little over the top. Actually, I did too to be honest. (:P) But hey, it's also super fun to wear a bandage that's way over the top for what you actually need. Really. I mean com'mon, who doesn't like a bandage to advertise feats won (or perhaps lost) once in a while? Honestly! HA. Then we had this awesome discussion on the virtual world vs. the real world. Like are you the same person on facebook, texting, msn and blogging that you are face to face? So, that's what kind of prompted me to share this story. The irony of sharing something about me, that's usually not me. Taking the opportunity to brag ever so slightly. Yes, because even though I tried not to, I still did a little bit. Sorry guys. I'm still working on being 100% humble. Be yourself, do crazy things, scrape yourself up a little bit now and then. I discovered it makes everything a little more fun. (Even when 5 hours later it's still stinging.)
Love you, and goodnight.
3 comments:
haha i can see you doing that. great times at karin's last night!
and i pray for you with all the saints, that Christ lives in your heart today, and be filled with a measure of all fullness of God!
(lyrics from an Acappella song :P)
Hey,
haha i can't beleive you actually listened to me when I said that I totally thought you would of been like "no mal,i'm not stupid" but noooo. But it was funn times. and Im pretty sure you said the sh** word. but its cool.
for the record, I've never thought of you as passive.
Post a Comment