Sunday, October 19, 2008

classical music is never out of style

Internalizing information is like coffee filtering in the early morning. It takes time.
I wonder if if I'm shutting myself away or if I'm actually handling it really well.
These days, shafts of hope spill through my window and life actually seems remotely alive.
I don't want to be ingenuine (that's not a word, but I'm using it).

I've been thinking quietly the last few days.

He'll never see me go to university or college and maybe get a degree and he'll never see me get married or have any great-grand children, and I suddenly realized I really wanted him to be there through it all.
He was always so supportive.
He loved when I played the piano and sang and wrote songs and most of all loved when I played classical music.
He loved how whenever we had big family gatherings I'd be the one getting drinks, serving and entertaining. I was the "hostess with the mostess".
He loved how determined I was about things and how people meant so much to me.

I really don't know what else to say. I'm extremely restless. Till later...

3 comments:

Keith Brink said...

Dear Kathleen,

He'll still see you go through all those things, and he'll still love it when you do all the things you do, and when you meet him again, he'll express his love in a more perfect and everlasting way than you or I can possibly imagine is even possible.

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. Therefore, my brothers, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, that is how you should stand firm in the Lord, dear friends!

Love, Keith

Mal said...

Keith is right he's still there watching you do all those things and you'll see him again someday and that's when he'll embrace you and tell you how proud he is of you.

Love,
Mal

Kathleen said...

Thanks guys. It made me think, in a good way. And you're right.