Canoe Trip 2008.
The best one for me yet.
A great expanse of water.
Trees all around.
Laughter.
Paddles driving through the water.
18x10 tents.
Rain during the first night.
Snacks.
Acknowleging I'm not the same as I was the last time we did this.
Feeling the difference.
Mist paddling across a section of Gerogian Bay.
Partnering with friends.
Making the "cast iron" canoe move it.
Pwning a portage. AKA: Not doing it. Pushing against the current.
Having to find a different camp site than planned the second night.
It: being beautiul, with logs for benches.
Shoulder/back massages.
Trying to encourage.
Leading devotions.
Getting to know people better.
And for the first time.
Being able to comfortably help tank a canoe.
Realizing the "seniors" are in the minority.
5 of us. 3 guys, 2 girls.
Building another Ebeneezer rock monument.
Swimming in seriously cold water.
Sharing good times.
Falling asleep on the way home.
Shoulders to lean on.
Arriving home in the rain.
Thinking about it all, again.
Loving, again.
Growing Older Groupies: Gordon, Jon, Sarah, Jordan and I, Kathleen.
May we be able to achieve what we are called to do.
I love those other 4 a lot, I'm glad we were friends before, now it just get's better.
Stickin' it together.
But, guess what? We missed you. We talked about you and how it was all different without you people.
Yes.
I'm beginning to feel older.
1 Thess 5: 12-24, especially verses 16,17&18.
No comments:
Post a Comment