Monday, June 16, 2008

don't rain on my parade

Oh joy, oh fun, oh freedom, oh responsibility, oh respect...oh acceptence.


I was engaged to go downtown Burlington to Spencer Smith Park for the Sound of Music Festival to babysit the past president of the festival's girls, Friday night and alllll day Saturday. Well, let me tell you it was some of the most fun I've had in a longgggg time. I got VIP access to the sponser tent, Free carnival tickets, free food- which was catered by my favourite restaurant in the world, plus the rest of my food was paid for, I was paid, anddddd a dream that was born, was fulfilled less than an hour after it was born....I got to go in the parade. Chya!! I was on the back of a golf cart at the back of the parade with all these important people and got to wave at hundreds of people lining the streets. Prettyyyy incredible. At first I was like "what the heck?" and then I got into the swing of it, and loved every second. Being a babysitter definately has it's benefits, and I'm not even joking. The best part? When the children love you back, so much so, they want to hold your hand all the time, no matter if their parents are there...or not. It is such an awesome priviledge. I'm so in love with my job. My passion is confirmed. Ahhh...this feeling rocks my world. I just wish you could understand, 'cause I'd gladly share my deep joy.

Excuse me, I have to go get ready to go to a 6 year old's soccer game...

No comments: