I think that standing on a hill and facing the wind is one of the ways I would feel closest to God.
Or maybe standing out in the middle of a field and letting the rain pour down over me drenching me to the skin. But, maybe the way I feel closest to God is actually when I'm alone in my room and I'm pouring my heart out to Him and He comes and shows me that He's closer than I think.
--
Darkness stretched over the sky and the clock moved forward further into the night; as they sat face to face. He looked like he wanted her to understand what he was saying; all she wanted was to understand, it was important to her. They had already broken down walls and moved forward, but it wasn't enough, there was more to grasp, but how to make it clear. There was everything, but nothing, but it was natural. It always was. Very rarely was anything awkward. Do people like that exist? She promised she would try; he said that maybe she didn't really understand. No, maybe she didn't, but she wanted to. "It's just like this"he said, she looked at him in silent thought. Oh to know perfectly. What about her? but what about him? I don't know if I could like them, because of what you've said. I want to like them on my own terms, by myself. I will admit they are very nice, but I need to know them more. I'll work on that, try to understand that. Time crept forward, as it always does; once again they parted ways with just a little more understanding and strangely, more love. I'd really like to know if people like that exist. I think they do, but it seems surreal, but natural too. If there were words, I'd use them...
(May be continued).
--
Gotta go my own way?
No comments:
Post a Comment