It's been a year since I first entered the world of blogging...what gets me is it's already been a year. I enjoy blogging quite a bit. It's freeing, amusing, hard and wonderful to pour my thoughts on to a computer screen, only to post it and let the world read it. Sometimes I'm tempted to not say everything I want...maybe even need to say because I am afraid of how someone will take it. Sometimes I have second thoughts about what I've posted. I've only deleted one post in the last year. I do have I think 3 drafts that I just couldn't bring myself to hit the "publish post" button. Maybe I'm too nice worrying about how praticular people will respond. Maybe I should just throw it out there and deal with it as it comes. But, that's not really me. I've also thought maybe I should change the way I write/blog. I think I sound really juvenile compared to some people...but then that wouldn't be me posting. That would be Kathleen trying to sound more intellectual and quite possibly falling short. So I don't.
Okay, there is one thing that's bothering me. And I'm going to be honest....I really like when people comment on my posts, even if it isn't 3 paragraphs long. This is part of the reason why I have considered changing my blogging style because people don't comment on my blog. I'm trying to figure out why. I will admit it's kind of discourgaing when other people get lot's of comments and then there are people like me...that get maybe one...or none. I heard that you have to comment on other people's blogs to get comments, so guess what? I have. Mind you, I don't just comment on people's blogs cause I want comments myself. Invariably I do have something I want to say. But yeah, I really don't get it. Maybe I should change my style...?
4 comments:
i comment i comment! i find your posts comment-able too. but maybe that's because it's a very easy thing for me to write and i'll spew off at the least notice.
but don't worry. nobody ever comments on my blog either. i guess it's just something about our more... introspective? styles... ?? oh i don't know. ever since tala and i started blogging a long time ago i've suffered from LCJD - Less Comments Jealousy Disorder. that's besides YSTMD - You're Smarter Than Me Disorder.
give me a break hannah. i suffer from YTFPFM - You're Too Friggin Poetical For Me. we all have our ailments...
kathleen, i'll comment more. i'm just... lazy. and you don't comment on my blog. so ha. :P and i like your blog posts, because i like you, and when i like someone i like to know what they have to say. ;)
commentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcommentcomment!!!
i love you. call me soon
hannah, after I posted that post I thought, well hannah has been commenting...so thank you. OH my word, I totally suffer from LCJD and YSTMD as well.
tala, yes I also suffer from YTFPFM. And you got me, I don't comment on your posts...maybe I should start.:P I like you too tala.
kathleen, that was incredibly inspiring. lol. I'll try to call someday soon.:)
Post a Comment