I thought I had it all figured out....oh my goodness...I don't have it figured out at all.
I thought that if I tried my best it would be good....it takes more than one person to leave a good impression.
Lighting a new fire.
The other side of my life....many of you don't see it. My church life. No it's not drastically different, but it is different. It has becoming more and more clear to me, the line down the middle of my life. No, I'm not talking about living a double life...I try very hard not to. It's more the atmosphere. There's my "school" world and my "church" world. And very rarely do they collide. This weekend though they did...and it left me trying desperately to piece them together. On the other hand, it also shocked and delighted me at how well a part of my "school" world and my "church" world fit together. I love both my "worlds" in extremely different ways. And until this weekend, everything was in order, "on each side of the line". Please don't take this the wrong way. I love you all dearly...my mind is just being stupid about this right now.
Yesterday afternoon brought up an interesting point. Offhandedly I said "I think I'm just talking for the sake of talking." Maybe I'll just sit and study your face. Heh. Yeah I do that a lot too....study people's facial expressions. Don't be scared, I'm not stalking your face or anything. Oh wow...that sounds rather amusing...stalking your face. I know you want me to.:P
I've said this before...I'm going to say it again...you have to KNOW you are amazing. You have to believe it. You are perfect, one of a kind and the love of Someone's life. Male or female. All of us alike struggle with knowing we're "cool" "awesome" "beautiful" "hot" "good-looking" and every other adjective that describes people in a positive way. You have to OWN it. It's not selfish and arrogant to KNOW that you are amazing. It's the way God intended for us to view ourselves as. We also need to appreciate other people and let them know they're amazing...because knowing you're amazing takes time. It takes emotion and it takes work and having someone else tell you helps a lot. Look in the mirror and tell that person staring back at you that they are awesome. Com'on I dare you to say it.
No comments:
Post a Comment