Every beautiful moment is to be held delicately. So often we let the moment slip by without savoring it, without considering it. It ends up being lapsed time that has no significance. Oh, what we miss when we only focus on the “big” stuff. We miss the smile directed at us. We miss the laughter. We focus on the moment when someone reveals their heart to us. Those times are still important, but what if we treasured every moment that meant anything? Hold onto every moment.
I’ve been doing some heart searching recently. Looking at what’s in and on my heart and more importantly who is in my heart. Not just Jesus my Saviour and King…but people.
I realize that not everyone has a special place in my heart…people that should…don’t. And then there are those that I’m surprised to find have quite a prominent place without me even making a conscientious decision about it. Oh well, it cannot be explained. Except for the fact that they are the people that help to make me the person I am by investing their time and attention, care, concern and love in me. By investing anything in anybody you make an impact on them, no matter if you want to or not. In fact you impact people almost 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whether it be positive or negative. You’re playing a role in the drama of someone’s life. Sometimes you’re the main character, saving the day. Sometimes and often most beautiful are the times when you play the character in the back ground, watching and waiting to assist the hero, but then something happens that makes it necessary for the insignificant character to step forward fill the heroes shoes and help save the day. Or it may not happen like that. It may happen that you continue to play out that small role, but just one smile, just one kind word brings someone up in the world and gives them the confidence to keep acting out their drama, but really when it gets to that point, it’s not acting out their drama (life) it’s living it out, and living it out loud.
I love that quote. “live your life out loud.” I sometimes, take it quite literally and live out loud, you know, make a lot of noise, laugh, shout, scream, whatever it takes to live out loud. Then there are the times when I don’t take it quite so literally and I live out loud by smiling my life away. I’m serious I’m going to smile my life away and I totally don’t even care. If life was perfect…you’d never see the smile leave my face. I love smiling, I love people smiling at me. I love smiling in general.
Know that else I love? When people make me feel beautiful, loved and adored without even doing it on purpose! I love it I love it. ‘Cause then they aren’t feeling any obligation and they are blessing me so much, by just being them. I think about those who I am closest to, and I think would I still be your best friend or would I still have the type of relationship I do with you if you were different, even just one (seemingly) teeny tiny difference in you? I don’t know. I can’t tell you til it happens…but please don’t. ‘cause I don’t want to find out if I can help it.
I can be your friend…if you want me to. If you’re open and receptive, I will. It’s a two way street though. It goes both ways. Which way are you going? Just wondering.
You are amazing. Did you know that? And even if you do know it., do you KNOW it? Do you believe it? You have to. Nobody can appreciate you, love you and look (up) to you until you’ve accepted that you are indeed amazing, and you are simply the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment