Sunday, February 11, 2007

Yesterday...

Re-juiced, Re-junvinated. Re-focused.
Yesterday, was the best day I've had in weeks.
First of all I was with my best friend.
Second of all we went shopping for almost 4 hours.
Third of all we went to a pretty awesome concert last night.

J'adore shopping.
And I like going for extended periods of time.
None of this, run in, get what you want and run out.
You never know what will be there.
For you to find, for you to fall in love with, for you to decide, for you to stand in line at the cash, for you to open your wallet and remove money, for you to pay, for you to then walk away with a plastic bag that you should recycle one day in your hand, for you to enjoy the satisfying feeling of having bought something, for you to look at some of the other poor people in the mall and wonder why they couldn't be more like you and buy something, so they too can have the satisfaction of... consummerism.
I enjoy it.
Not every day, mind you.
Or even every week.
But once in a while shopping-with-a-friend-therapy becomes neccessary.


We went to "With Love Comes Hope" last night at Hamilton Place.
When I woke up on Saturday morning, I had no idea that in 12 hours I'd be at Hamilton Place in the First Balcony in Row N, in seat 142.
No idea.
But I'm glad I ended up there.
It wasn't exactly what we had expected.
But that's okay.
It was a lot of local Christian talent playing and singing and acting to the glory of God.
The interperative dances were inspiring to me.
That's when I felt the Holy Spirit.
Especially on the first one, when the troop danced to "Testify to Love" by Avalon which is a song that I love.
I felt the rush of God presence when this worship leader from a church in Missisauga got up with his rock band and played some awesome worship songs.
Esspecially the last one.
"It's all God's children singing, Glory, Glory, Hallelujah, He reigns, He reigns...."
Oh yeah.
And in between all of that, there were a variety of acts all performed to the Glory of God.

Alright, so I've blogged about number 2 and number 3. But not number 1.
The best is last.
My best friend.
Kathleen.
Oh how I love you.
Oh the memories that were created yesterday.
I'll store them away in my box and place it on a shelf to open when I'm feeling beaten down.
And though those moments number many, I have friends and I have God.
What more could I ask?

Peace.
Love.
Hope.
Joy.

--Kathleen

No comments: