I love this song.
*Captivated*
It has encouraged me to look up, not down.
"Your laughter it echoes like a joyous thunder."
"Your whisper it warms me like a summer breeze".
"Stay strong" he said.
"Sometimes I feel like I'm crumpling" she said.
"I know" he said.
"Then I remember you, holding my hand" she said.
"That's good, because I'm not letting go" he said.
"Captivated by you, may my life be one unbroken gaze, fixed upon the beauty of your face."
She ran down the path, fighting back tears. Coming to an open field she threw herself down in the tall grass and began pounding the ground with her fists. Her body shook with sobs, as she bagan to shout out loud. She shouted up to the clear blue sky. She shouted across the field. This was a dream, it wasn't happening. In yet it was....
"No other, could ever be as beautiful as You."
He watched her, wishing he could console her, but a father can only do so much. He knew she needed space, and time. His heart broke for her, for all that she was dealing with. He began to cry quietly. Not a manly cry, but weeping for the sakeof his beloved daughter. He wanted to run out across the field after her and hold her in his arms, but he knew the time wasn't right....
"No other could ever steal my heart away."
She lay there in the grass crying, slowly the sobs subsided and she rolled over and stared at that clear blue sky. This was the same field, that he got down on his knees took her hands in his, told her he loved her and asked her out. Eleven months later, he showed up at her house and told her he didn't love her anymore. He told her he had found a new girl....
"Your anger is fiercer than the sun in it's splendor"
He knew he could have stopped it. The day she came flying home, bursting with the news that she now had a boyfriend. He could have put his foot down and said no, he could have stopped it all. But no, he hadn't and now as he sat watching her, he felt more guilty than he had ever felt before. He had let his little girl down....
"Try as I may, I cannot look away."
This had led her to the field. She could hate him, she could hate the field, she could hate her life, if she chose to. The tears came again. This time more quietly. They slipped out her eyes and down her cheeks. It had been heaven on earth. He had been wonderful. She hadn't imagined that, but it had only been at that time. It was now gone....
"Beholding is becoming so as you fill my gaze..."
How could he have done that, how could he have let his beloved daughter get to this place. He pounded the ground beside him. Angry with himself for failing to be a good father. All of a sudden he heard her voice coming across to him on the breeze. "Dad....Dad...Oh I wish you knew...I wish I could talk to you." His heart leapt in his throat....
"I become more like you and my heart is changed"
She wished with all her might that her dad was there, he loved her so much. She knew that. He would help her, but he was at home, he had no idea. Still in her desperation, she softly began to call for him, than louder and louder, til she was shouting, and then screaming for him. The tears poured out of her eyes, and she felt empty and alone....
"Transform me into the likeness of you"
He jumped up off the ground and began to run across the field toward his fallen daughter. His tears continued to flow freely as he ran. And then he saw her look up, he saw her catch sight of him, he saw her fix her eyes on him and then he watched as she pulled herself to her feet and stumbled toward him. They met mid way....
"This is what I ask for all my days.'
She looked back up to the sky and gazed off across the field and then she saw him. She saw her father running toward her. Was this another dream? No it wasn't. This time she didn't want it to be a dream. She awkwardly pulled herself and up and stumbled across the field toward him. As they met he caught her in his arms and held her....
"That I may never look away."
He held her tightly, listening to her sobs. "I'm here my girl, I'm here." She clung to him. "Dad..."
"I know" he said "I know". He sat down on the ground with his sixteen year old daughter cradled in his arms and just sat there rocking her. Slowly her sobs began to become quieter until they were just hiccups. "I love you" he whispered....
"Captivated by You."
She clung to him. "I love you" he whispered. "I love you too" she whispered back. "How did you know?" Hesitantly he began to speak. "I heard you in the kitchen, I heard what he said, then I saw him leave and you run, so I ran after you." Thank you" she offered a weak smile. Looking across the field he spoke again: "I let you down daughter...."
'I am captivated by You"
"I didn't watch out for you, I didn't help protect your heart. I let that boy take it and throw it carelessly on the ground and trample upon it and I am so sorry." "Dad, what are you talking about? It was my choice!" "Yes, but I let it happen, and as your father, I am supposed to protect you from all plans of the enemy to steal, to kill and to destory...."
"I just can't look away."
"Fortunately you have a heavenly Father looking out for you who prompted me into action long ago, but I couldn't be bothered and therefore I was almost too late." "Dad, you're here and you knew and I can't believe it." "Daughter, will you forgive me for failing you?" She looked up into his sad yet hopeful eyes. "Yes Dad, you are forgiven...."
"I just can't look away."
They hugged long and hard. "Well, shall we go home?" he asked her. "Yes I think we shall."
They got up off the ground began their way back over the field home.
"No other, could ever be as beautiful as You."
The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment