Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Fallingggg

If I fell and hit the ground, would I be alone?
Something tells me, I wouldn't be alone lying on the cold, damp ground.
If I had the ability to sit up and look around I would see many other people.
People I know and love, people I pass on the street without a second glance.
The things that go on in a person's life, are quite often hidden away.
I don't know that she is dealing with a close friend's betrayal. I don't know that he is making the difficult decision to leave his girlfriend. I don't know that all she wants in life is for her parents to love her. I don't know that he is hiding his addiction away. I don't know that she struggles with self-worth. I don't know that he fails to live up to what life demands of him. I don't know.
They don't know that I am falling too.
We hide away from each other.
All we show the world, are our plastic smiles, and plastic happiness.
We fail to realize that we are not that different from each other, and deep inside all we want is for someone to truely know us.
We sit there facing each other on the cold, damp ground, staring at each other, surprised that the other is there. It's because I didn't know. It's because you didn't know. It's because we didn't take the time, and now is it too late?

No comments: