Saturday, January 20, 2007

Blessed

Why has it taken me so long to figure out how blessed I am?
I mean, I know I'm blessed, but I just didn't see HOW blessed I actually am.
If I started listing things and people and just everything this post could go on for an incredibly long time.

No matter what happens in life I know that you will be there for me.
What a reassuring thought.
I believe this is the way it was meant to be.
I am indeed blessed.
I love you.




I have been chosen to lead worship *on a frequent basis* in my youth group.
I never thought I'd get here.
I wanted to get here.
Now that I've reached this moment...

I realize it's more than showing people I can play keyboard or piano and sing at the same time.
It's more than having the position of leadership.
It's more than earning the respect of my Pastor and my peers.
It's more than being the best. (Which I don't believe I am.)

It's the act of giving my talents to the One who gave them to me.
It's the act of honouring Him.
It the act of becoming His servant.
It's the act of glorifying God.

May I keep these things in view as I begin this journey.
May I have the patience I need.
May I have the wisdom required.
May I have the blessing of the Lord with me every note that I play, and every word that I sing.

Just a little girl wishing to honour her Father.

No comments: