Sunday, November 05, 2006

Submerge

Submerge-Going Deeper With God.
The subject.
The choice to enter in.
The sense of God's presence.

This weekend, I went on a retreat with my youth group from church.

God doesn't choose crowds, he chooses individuals.

The awesome presence of God there. Standing with my hands lifted high to the sky feeling the rushing waves of His presence.
Down on my knees, crying.
Praying with a friend.
Hugging a friend.
Sharing our hearts.
Being "Honest to God".
Wanting to linger in his presence.
Suddenly understanding things.
A (re)new(ed) passion.
More confidence.
I don't care what they think.

In my head I saw a smooth pathway leading straight through a desert like piece of land. It led into the distance, and there was nothing on the horizon, except for a light. And the words, "I will lead you".

"In my life, be lifted high.
In our world, be lifted high.
In our love be lifted high."


I'm going to play that song.

He has shown you,O man what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy And to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8


God gives us the gift of everyday. We all get the sane 24 hours, BUTTT it's how we choose to use that time, that is our choice. And our choice alone.

Worship God. Everyday.
Love God. Everyday.
Thank God. Everyday.
Honour God. Every moment.

And they left the room with hearts full. They walked as a group down the path. Not just the physically there path, but the spiritual path.

Thank you Jesus.

Amen

No comments: