Thursday, November 09, 2006

Invisible Girl

Music floated down the stairs.
The girl sat alone.
There was a party upstairs, but the girl wished to be alone.
These days, nobody talked to her, or asked her questions.
No one asked her if she was having a good day, or maybe a bad day, like all days seemed to be.
She just drifted around, feeling invisible to the rest of the world.
Was she content?
No she was not, but she thought she better be content, otherwise things could probably be worse than they were.
Who cared about her?
It seemed like no one.
Who knew her thoughts?
No one except herself.
She had closed herself into a box, and shut the light of day out of her life.
She could be upstairs partying, but no, she sat alone in the darkened living room on the well worn grey sofa.
Her life was colourless.
Suddenly out of the grey, came a figure.
Quietly he sat next to her, took her hand and held it in his big one.
“I understand” he said simply.
Startled she looked into his face, meeting his eyes.
“I know how you feel.”
She continued to stare into his eyes, searching for answers to her many questions.
“Come”
She allowed herself to be pulled up off the sofa.
He led her upstairs to where the party was in full swing.
Nobody noticed the duo.
“You’ll be happier here”
She turned around to study the party, and when she turned back, he was gone.
Happier? Never.
It was impossible. In yet…
In the back of her mind she wondered if it was possible to be happy.
The thought grew on her.
Was it possible?
Apprehensively she began to walk across the room.
Still, she was unnoticed.
Reaching the other side, she suddenly made a decision.
She could be happier than she was, she WOULD be.
Trying to smile, she stepped forward, just as a boy walked toward her, arms outstretched. He wrapped his arms around her, and hugged her, whispering in her ear.
“I’m so glad you’re here”

7 comments:

Janelle said...

hey you.
was that a story you made up?
cause i liked it.
or was it real life.
ahh i miss you.
lets have a party together and yeah. we should.
love youuu.

Kathleen said...

Hey yourself.:-)
That story was partly made up, partly real life.
Some of it, I took from personal experience.
I miss you too.
Yes, we must have a party.
love youuuu too.

Elysha said...

that's beautiful
i miss you
if you guys do have a party be sure to invite me

Kathleen said...

Thanks Lysha.:-)
I miss you too, it's been too long. I'm thinking Departures and Arrrivals?!?
As for a party yeah Lysha you woul def be invited!!!....I'm thinking about planning one for December. I asked my mom about it and she was pretty positive about it.
The only thing is, would ppl be willing to drive to my house? I guess they could car pool. It would be nice to have a more central location though. *sigh* We'll see.
We have to have a party though soon!!!!!!!!!!

Janelle said...

yeah i would driiive! as long as it's like... in the Christmas holidays sometime... cuase yeah. excitment.

kathleen dunn said...

kathleen
wow.
i cried.
your story really spoke to me.
i love you
thanks for writing that.
I MISS YOU
thanks for coming to choir with me yesterday even tho it was cancelled. fun times were had =)
love you zillions
thanks again

Kathleen said...

Kathleen,
Thank YOU for going to choir Monday.
Yes we did have much fun.
In the cold and fog.
And Chapters was a party.:P
I'm glad my story spoke to you.
I really am.
I love you zillions too.
And yes I miss you too.
Too..what a great word..speaks volumes. Maybe I should blog on that word.:P

In fact... I love and miss you all!!!

<3