Sunday, September 17, 2006

Canoe Trip

Wow...wow...wow. The past 4 days of my life have been just amazing! I learnt so much. I discovered so much. I loved so much. I was loved so much. I found out some things about myself. ahah. I found out some things about other people. We were just one big happy family. I think there were 29 of us. It was an amzing experience for me. Sorry if I'm kind of repeating myself. I just don't know how to put into words what I experienced. It was gorgeous out there. Removed from all the various amenities that were have readily accessible, I really took time to notice what was around me. The quietness, the peacefulness. The beauty in everything around me. The water, so clear, you could see to the bottom of the lake which was about 10 feet away. All the water grass and seaweed swaying gently. The bright sun, the breeze. The sound of everybodies voices talking and singing songs. The first morning I went out and sat on the rocks by the water. I just sat, still and silent, watching the the sun rise and drinking in all of the wonder and beauty of the morning and all that surronded me. I thought about how God is so magnificent and He created all of that for us to enjoy the wonder of it all.
There were a couple times that I could feel God's incredible presence with us. One pratcular time was when we were building a monument for Brittni. We each had to find an "Ebeneezer" rock and we stood in a circle and one at a time went forward, placed our rock on top and said something that God had been faithful to us in. I felt Him surronding us with his presence, and love and peace. What a beautiful feeling, to be surronded by Him and by people who love and serve Him, the ONE true God. *Contented Sigh*.
Everybody worked together and encouraged each other and cared about each other and loved each other. The way that we should. All the time.
I was incredibly blessed to go on that trip. I needed it. I wanted it. I wish it could have lasted longer. I made some new friends and strengthened the friendships I had before.
The topic of all our devotions was consumerism. (I believe that would be the most accurate description). The main point was about how our age group, (teens) are the msot targeted age group by the media. And how we need to go against the trend and not follow the rest of the crowd. We need to stand up for ourselves as strong christians, because that's what we need to do. Yesterday as I was canoing back to our "pull-out" point. There was just one line from a song (I believe) that kept going through my head. I don't know where it came from and I don't know (if it is a song) who sings it. And if it is, if the lyrics are actually correct, but all that aside, it was this: "I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams, and pray that he would give you the courage to do great things." And this is my prayer for everybody who came with me on the canoe trip. That we would dream, and think of ways that we can impact our peers, and our society. And when we have those dreams, that we would have the courage to do great things. Sure, in the world. But also, right here with our friends,and family, and everybody that we come in contact with. That we would make an impression on them. And that it would be a good one. So people wouldn't look at teenagers and say "ohh man teenagers these days" in a annoyed, frustrated tone of voice. They would say it in an amazed, happy tone. Amen.
That is my piece for today.
May God bless you incredibly today and always.
Much love,
Kathleen

2 comments:

Mal said...

sounds like you had great fun..if that makes sence

kathleen dunn said...

i love the 'teenagers these days' comment. made me smile, and only wish it was true...
these ppl just have to meet OUR group of amazing teenagers.
heck yes.
i love you so much.
and i'm glad you had a great time =)
if only i was there.
that would've been sweet.
but there'll be those times to come, i know it =)
love youuuuu
peace