So I'm back.. 2 weeks is a long time to be away from basically everything. I was camping with all my family on my mom's side. When we were all there, their were 17 of us. I have 5 cousins on my mom's side. And they are between the ages of 5 and 10. I know most of the people who will be reading this will be slightly taken aback, most of my friends being dutch. :-). My cousins are all younger than me, but they are so much fun. lol. I helped teach my 5 year old cousin to swim. By the end of the 2 weeks she was reaching for me to swim out to the farthest bouy(sp?) line. And I gave her and my 7 year old cousin rides to the beach on the back of my bike. We even attempted to ride altogether on the same bike at the same time. That was quite the experience, when we got back we found that my 5 year old cousins shoe had been rubbing on the chain and there was a lot of grease on her shoe so in the diminishing light I used apple scented dish washing liquid and an old rag and scrubbed her shoe clean. Ahhh the many experiences of camping. Besides giving my cousins transportation. I went swimming, kayaking,walking, shopping, and baking. Oh yeah baking. :-P While we were away it was Grandma's BD so I went to the store and bought a cake mix and icing and went back to my campsite and in the middle of the forest I made a double decker french vanilla cake with cream cheese icing and chocolate shavings! It was really good too. And my Grandma was surprised and pleased which was great. I did a lot of things in 2 weeks, but as we pulled out I could think of 3 things that I didn't do. This park has so much to do, you can't do it all. lol Oh yes another thing we did was my sister and I went to every single evening program, which totalled 12 programs. 'Cause they didn't have programs on Sundays. Another thing I did was I read scripture for the Sunday morning service at the Amphitheatre. I enjoyed my time there, I had a lot of fun, but being home is the greatest! :-)
-Kathleen
1 comment:
sounds like a really good time lover.
i cant wait to hear more about it=)
love you soooo much!!!
oxoxo
kath
Post a Comment