Thursday, December 24, 2009

Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great JOY that will be for ALL THE PEOPLE...

Merry Christmas (Eve.) Here we are, yet again. Christmas invariably sneaks up upon us. Every Christmas is slightly different or has a slightly varied effect. Perhaps it is fitting that after my Crazy Christmas 2008 "High" of last year, Christmas 2009 is a much more serious, contemplative Christmas. That's just what I am: serious and contemplative. My heart aches for several individuals/families that are dealing with situations they never asked to deal with. I also hurt for those who are lost or aren't paying attention and need to wake up and get on or get over themselves. My soul yearns for more life. Splinters of joy frame my thoughts. I decided this year that "Joy to the World" was my favourite classic Christmas carol. Joy. A lot of the time, true joy seems almost unattainable or like a joke of sorts. We look around at our world and see the grey, brokenness, confusion, anger and breaking hearts. Joy? Really? Yes. Why?
"Joy to the world, the Lord has come, let earth recieve her King!"
That's why. Extreme joy which is readily available to us was born amongst animals while the world slept unaware of the Gift of a lifetime.
So even as I sit here, serious, contemplative, and sad in a lot of ways. I'm going to try to embrace the Joy of this World. Through God, through dear friends who stand by, through LOVE everlasting.
I encourage you to do the same and share the Joy of the world with others who may need some love and joy in their lives this Christmas.
Because sooner or later we need to get over ourselves. Really.

Once again, Merry Christmas!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." - Romans 15:13

No comments: