Tuesday, December 09, 2008

being thankful, which I am

Today. Well...about 2 minutes ago I remembered something from when I was in elementary school. Every day my mom would make my sister and I write one thing down on our "thankfulness list". As a child I invariably grew tired of it. But now I know it was to spur me on in later years to remember and be thankful. Today was one of those happy thankful days, which you wish there were more of to enjoy. Many wonderful, glorious things and incredible people both presently and pastly (yes, a new word.) in my life. Maybe that's why I remembered this tradition. The following is an up to date,very current thankfulness list.

I am thankful (f0r):

1)LOVE!
2)children
3) Adie, short for Adeline, pronounced A-dell-lynn. She is 1 and she has stolen my heart and my kisses.
4) Christmas music
5) personally adressed "valued" mail. ( not that I've received any recently. cough.)
6) flannel sheets
7) mentors
8) pasta
9) drama
10) smiles directed at me
11) Sufjan Stevens
12) The song "Mary, Did You Know?"
13) USB Sticks that surprise you
14) Being excited!
15) conversation
16) getting things DONE
17) encouragement
18) truffles, or rather chocolate in general.
19) Psalm 46:10a (still trying to remember that one all the time and it's only been a day. pfft.)
20) the devotional I'm doing right now. -"Pure"
21) dancing in the middle of the street in the slushy rain/snow and laughing...
22)...not caring that anybody's watching
23) just laughing
24) straight teeth
25) getting my thoughts down
26) thinking about you
27)actually, just you in general. Ha, yes, you. Who else would I be talking to?
28) colour, and then more
29) painting
30) h-o-p-e.
31) beating hearts
32) feeling beautiful
33) my day planner-it helps keep me together
34) learning from people
35) strength
36) being a romantic soul
37) sleep
38) family photos
39) the 5 senses
40) my piano
41) specific memories
42) SUMMER
43) dressing-up
44) my plaid hat ( but I'm too scared to wear outside the house. GAH. frustration at me)
45) knowing someone cares
46) college and university open houses/tours
47) intro to psychology and sociology
48) microphones
49) s-i-n-g-i-n-g
50) baby name books (don't get the wrong idea...)
51) those who inspire me
52) going crazy- i.e. singing really loud, laughing lot's, running, dancing etc
53) hugs that say a lot without a verbal word spoken
54) journaling
55) iced tea
56) angels all around me
57) when you look me in the eyes
58) God's faithfulness
59) my teddy bears: Honey and Declan
60) my job. I work at a daycare. yeah, I still can't believe I have such a cool job.
61) feeling appreciated
62) the ability to cry
63) hanging out with you
64) prayer
65) relationship
66) getting people I love, presents
67) did I mention LOVE?

I'm so not even close to being done. Oh, goodness, no. I like this kind of day.
Thank you to so many people for so many things, and thanks be to God for giving me things and people to be thankful for.

No comments: