Tuesday, February 05, 2008

what I learned in 29 hours

Some of it, is hard to put into words. Like, how different I feel when I'm with my friends from "over there". I feel all warm inside and excited and loved and like they really are happy I'm standing there in front of them having a conversation. It's like...I can't really explain. And I don't want other people who aren't in "that world" to feel down on the job or anything....there's just something about those people. Sometimes, I wish I belonged all the time.

--

I judge people. A lot.
I'm kicking myself really hard for it.

"Therefore, let us stop passing judgement on one another."- Romans 14: 13a

--

Doing Bible Study on Sunday after church was really cool. The way we did it too. It was so incredible to reflect over it by myself before I joined others to discuss it.

--

I need to pray more. The Bible says to pray for everything. Yeah, everything.

--

If you smash your head on the trunk of an SUV, it will hurt a lot, give you a headache. garner you some sympathy (:D)...and leave a bump that will still hurt a couple of days later.

--

You can have a meaningful conversation in 8 minutes as well as see how well new tires work.

--

You can just be yourself and let yourself get hyper and everything and still be loved.

--

Boys will come over to "your" house for pie, not you.

--

I really like that God lets us...or makes us, learn new things all the time.

The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his annointed one."- Psalm 28:8

2 comments:

Carol-Lee Joy said...

you're a good friend Kathleen. Glad to have you around 'over here' too:) Love you.

Anonymous said...

"Boys will come over to "your" house for pie, not you."


HA!

i'm hoping that thats not true. i'm thinking it's not cause they stayed long after the pie was gone.