Wednesday, October 24, 2007

in reality, a dream of reality and reality

I miss someone incredibly. I haven't seen him in I think, 2 and a half years now and every so often I miss him so much, and right now is one of those times. We were basically best friends. I remember how we'd talk all the time. Other people couldn't stand him. I loved him. We argued about stuff, but we'd always end up seeing each other's point of view. We talked about faith, and God and life and I respected him so much. I kind of know where he is, but not really. I miss him, like you wouldn't believe. If I could find him he would talk to me; he would help me muddle things out. Oh gosh, I miss him.

--

He took her by the shoulders and looked into her eyes. " You need to chill"; his words shot down her spine. "I don't like what I'm seeing, why are you doing this?" he asked her concern rising in his voice. 'I have to " she whispered. 'No, you don't, you're going to kill yourself." She looked down quickly. "I can't let you go" he said 'I won't". She looked back up to see a look of determination on his face. "I'm not letting you go." he repeated and then gathered her in his arms and hugged her while she began to cry; she let the tears run down her cheeks and onto his shoulder as she burried her face in his light brown hair. "You can't save the world beautiful, if you can't even save yourself, you should know that. You can't take the weight of the world upon your shoulders, even though you have a heart that yearns to do just that." "I knowwww.butt..." she let the sentence trail off startled by his endearing passionate words . He continued on,"Don't try so hard, people love you even if you can't solve their problems." "I love you, why can't you understand that, why do you doubt so much?" "I don't know" she shook her head, eyes filling with tears again, "I just don't know. "

--

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil: cling to what is good.
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love.
Honour one another above yourselves.
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the LORD.
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer.

Romans 12:9-12

It's a lot to aspire to, but it's beautiful.

4 comments:

Keith Brink said...

I absolutely love Romans 12...I have sticker on the chapter from Service Week, so that means the page has more weight, so whenever I open my Bible, it pretty much tends to open to that chapter, and then I read it again.

Mal said...

haha nice keith that is very smart! Kathleen i love you to freaking death.

Mal.<33333333

Anonymous said...

i like that in romans 12 it tells us to hate what is evil. i like that we can direct all the evil hate inside of us to the devil, and it's a good thing. i hate the devil!

also if you haven't already, read romans 5 like...8 times in a row. it's awesome.

see you tonight.

kathleen dunn said...

that second last paragraph..
i need that.
pray for me,
i'm at a rough patch .
hence my not coming to choir.
i have wayyyyyyyyyy too many things to do.
i'm stressed beyond belief.
:(
i love you.