Friday, May 26, 2006

we use the word "love" way too much

I'm going to share something that I've been thinking about for the last few months.
We use the word "love" way too much. I mean way too much! We say we love this and we love that. But do we really mean it, do we? How can we say we love a shirt we just got or we love this movie or that song we heard and then we turn around and say we love our parents and our friends and at the top of the list, we love God. I know it is a different love but still, how can we say it. So next time you go to say you love your friend's shirt or anything along those lines, think again, do you really love it or is it just a phrase we use to because it's easy and it's a way express our feelings. A good alternative is saying "I really like that....."I have really tried to stop myself from saying that I love something , but it's hard, it really is, becasue once you start saying something, no matter what it is, it's hard to stop.
Love,

Kathleen

3 comments:

kathleen dunn said...

very true.
but, i dont think it matters as much as the way girls and guys say they love eachother. its such a strong word and they use it so freely.
same thing with how freely girlfriends and boyfriends can kiss eachother. it makes me so mad that such a sacred thing is being so easily tossed around. gahh.
anyway.
ttyl my love xoxo
kathleen

Elysha said...

yeah kathleen (dunn)'s comment i totally agree with.

Kathleen said...

Kathleen, I totally agree with with you too, nice observation.