Sunday, February 28, 2010

living for the stage

These days go by so fast and take so much energy, but this feeling isn't completely foreign.
This week I will make my debut in the Sound of Music on stage playing a variety of characters, which happens to be, I believe, one of my specialties.

This time there is no falling in love with donkey's or weird psychologically wacked movie stars or emotional mail order brides who refuses to kiss their best guy friend who happens to be playing the husband or self-centered flirtatious radio actresses who finger tip toe around. No. This time, there is a "pious" nun, a lighthearted partygoer who learned to waltz properly and a stage hogging flamboyant girl who can't even help it. OH, and there's singing.

This will be the 5th time I get up on stage during my highschool career and act to an audience. I look back and realize just how far I've come in my dramatic arts career and all the wonderfully off-kilter characters I have had the intense priviledge to play. It is indeed wonder-full.

Part of me lives for the stage. Yes. I know it very well.
If I didn't have to worry about building a life and posisbly a career and I had all the money I needed, I would go into theatre arts in university. While that may not be a reality, I will certainly take all these experiences, techiniques and moments and use them through out any career I may have with children. Who knows, maybe the threatre won't be able to keep me away. Maybe, you'll find me storming the theatre and standing centre stage yet again.

No comments: