Thursday, January 14, 2010

mind over [culminating]

They said it wouldn't be easy. No, it's not. But what I've found is it's worth it. Somehow, it's all for good and I don't always get it, but I catch glimpses of it and it is good. Faith, gotta get some more of that. Indeed. We can't always get what we want, but we almost always get what we need. So maybe it's cliche, but I don't really care 'cause this is just how it is. *laughs*. Oh the joys of standing for what you believe in and who you believe in. It's interesting to work on the definition of yourself...

for Writers Craft culminating which is my favourite class we have to put together a "magazine" of what we think are our best pieces of work from the semester, edited and arranged. The catch is, it has to have a common theme. So innocently enough I chose: "Emotion and Description" which will probably end up as "Emotions of Description". One of my classmates came over to ask me where I was going with my theme and I told her. She laughed (good naturedly) and shook her head and said "oh, that's very Kathleen". Then I laughed. I guess these people are getting to know me better than I thought.

Here's my key: Rise to the occasion, treat everybody as nicely as possible and don't stoop to any low levels. *laughs*. Easier said than done.

I leave you with this for now: You have to get to know you. That's one thing I've learned the last few months. If you don't know who you are, you should probably start working on that, or maybe you've changed and you need to be reintroduced and get to know yourself again. Go on a date. ;)

Well that's mind over culminating. I must go prepare for tomorrow's UN meeting as vice chair.

No comments: