Semester One is complete! Now, I have time to share some of the thoughts that I have been mulling on lately.
I will start with marriage. Yes, indeed. In the last week of Religion class we did a brief study of marriage and what it means. While I disagree with some of the Catholic views on marriage (whole other conversation...) I do agree with and support their stressing of the fact that marriage is a sacramental union between a man, a woman and God. I also highly, HIGHLY agree with their standpoint that completeness is not found in a significant other/spouse. This is the point I am going to expound upon.
Plain and simple, straight up: You cannot find your completion in another human being. They are not your literal "other half". They do not fill the emptiness inside. There is only one thing, one person that can do that and that is the Love of God. That's just how it is. You cannot hang your hopes on a person, they will let you down and betray you. They won't do everything you want them to do and they will not do all the right things (or what you think are the right things for them to do). While God doesn't do everything we want Him to, because our best is not His best (just wrote a song on that topic....) His love is pure and perfect. He won't ever let you down. He will never leave you depressed and weighed down by the world. You could go to the ends of the earth and you would not be able to find another human being that lived up to all your expectations. If you are trying to find your completion in a person, or essence of a person, you have made them your idol, and your #1. If you say that you are following God, then your completion, your void should be filled only by God and His Love for us. Come on. The Love is so great we cannot even contain it within out hearts, minds and souls. Surely that can be enough.
Well I could go on for much longer, but my point is made. Actually my point was made in the first sentence...
---
"Live for love. Without love, you don't live."
No comments:
Post a Comment