Monday, August 10, 2009

"for when I am weak, then I am strong"

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything with prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God and the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6,7.

I thought I knew how camp would go and I thought I would be fine because I was an experienced counselor...
It was not to be that way.
Within 3 hours of campers arriving I was already stretched to a limit I had never reached before.

STRENGTH was the theme of my week. I was continuously asking God for it.
Also wisdom, joy and love to propel me forward and help me complete what I had been called to do.

Encouragement from my fellow counselor's and the staff surrounded me and if not for them, their words and the knowledge of God's presence beside me...I feel for sure that I would have burned out. I didn't though. I made it. Through prayer, perserverance and extreme dependence on the LORD. I came out on the other side with a smile on my face having conquored a battle.

Maybe I did loose myself to tears and laughter a few times merely because I had to let it out somehow...but God kept me together, in more than one way.

All in all it was a beneficial experience and I am so glad I was there. Obviously I needed to grow some more...

"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf; be reconciled to God." 2 Corinthians 5:20

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9

(P.S. I lost something.... )

No comments: