...and I do too.
I am back!
Back from the wonderfully beautiful province of Prince Edward Island.
Population, 140,400 (or something very close to that)
I could totally be persuaded to live there. It's just so different then Ontario. There is this feeling of close knit community and everywhere you go you are bound to meet someone who you know. There is a good balence of farm country, villages, towns and cities. And almost everywhere you turn you can see ocean. Ah!
My family went to see Anne and Gilbert the Musical (the sequel to Anne of Green Gables) It was their love story. And I definitely love a good clean love story so I was hooked from the opening song. I enjoyed it so much and have the soundtrack to remember it for many more days.
We also went to Summerside and Charlottetown and for a coupel drives along the coasts. We even made it to one end of the island and I walked as far as could and stood on the very tip and felt accomplished.
I love Anne of Green Gables and her whole story quite a bit so it was a joy to see into her forgettably fictious world that L.M. Montgomery created for her. We went to "the house" and it was quite lovely.
We also did a fair bit of shopping. Kathleen will not be spending much money on things she does not need for a while. :P
Downers were the mosquitos (there were SO many) and the wind which blew all night long almost every night. AGH! I kind of got used to the wind and got to the point I could sleep all the way through.
On the Sunday we were there, we attended the United Reformed Church of PEI. It is a relatively new church plant. It is near Charlottetown and a family who we met at AOC this year go there. Currently they meet in a small Presbyterian church and therefore have slightly odd services times. There are currently about 9 full time families and it is the only URC church on the island (hence the name, I suppose!)
On the way there we spent a day in Quebec City. AH, it's so beautiful as well! Simons is one of the best stores in the world and I wish they would bring it to Ontario. They are ahead of the trends so the clothes you can buy there are not like all the other stores around. I like that.
All in all it was a good trip and we were able to see all of my mom's family along the way. Which really isn't that much, but I learn the importance of family more and more all the time.
Now I bide my time while I wait for 2 weeks to go by till Campfire which I am beyond stoked about for more than 1 reason...
No comments:
Post a Comment