As I type this, I am trying to forget that I am missing Suites'n'Sweets tonight and am very, very sad to do so. I am pining a bit to be able to go which I cannot due to my current situation.
I am currently on 3 different drugs. One is a narcotic. Second is an anti-infection drug and the third is some combination of both of those but it does something else too.
Oh, I suppose I should mention why I cannot attend aforesaid event and why I am on 3 kinds of drugs *laughs softly* (as I cannot laugh loudly at present.) Yesterday I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed in the hospital under General Anesthetic. Oh yes, how delightful an event.
The bed they gave me to wait in before my surgery was right in front of the nurses station so it provided much entertainment (much appreciated). I did indeed have to wear one of those horriddd hospital gowns. (Good thing I wasn't trying to impress anyone, I would failed mesirably I think). They had to put an IV in me. It was the very first time I've ever had one of those and I was admittedly a tad nervous. They actually had to stick me 3 times. The vein wouldn't pop out of my hand so after they had attempted to put it in there, they finally tried my arm where it went straight in. Usually I'm not very good at all with needles and the like but apparently I "did very well". So then a 2 hour wait till my surgery time occured. Just after noon they finally came to get me. My sight was taken away (my glasses removed) and I was wheeled down the hall in my bed through those infamous swinging doors and into a cold extremely sterile room. Jody was one of the nurses attending to me alongside my doctor. Dr.G asked me how I was and I believe I told him "pretty good" (which I actually was, surprising myself.) The shifted me from my rolling bed to the surgery table (gulp) and strapped me down; arms, legs and head. They attached 3 monitors to me and the blood pressure cuff and as Jody talked about school I watched my anesthiest(sp?) hooka vial of go-to-sleep drugs to my IV. Then Jody placed an oxygen mask over my face and said "you'll be asleep in about 10 seconds or less" and that's the last thing I remember till I woke up in recovery about 1.5 hours later. I was VERY disoriented and I kinda tried to roll my head but there was something surrounding my entire head. (I found out later it was an large icepack "You're all finished sweetheart". So I kinda moaned and asked for ***friend***. The nice nurse told me that she was sorry but I could not have any visitors in recovery. Obviously I was not very intelligent in waking up from my forced sleep so I asked for ***another friend*** which was met with the same answer. (DUH! Kathleen!) I then forced my eyes open and realized I was back in my rolling bed, my nose hurt (A LOT) and I was in bed slot 88. WAIT... I rolled my eyes around the room, I was seeing double. I wasn't in bed slot 88, but 8. I mentioned how my nose hurt and was told that the oxygen mask had also been put down my nose (WHAT? REALLY?) I didn't feel so bad though as I gained more conciousness I was aware that I felt pretty good considering everything I had (supposedly) been through. After about 30 more minutes. Another nice nurse came and told me it was time to go back to the day surgery waiting area where I had been before. I was wheeled through another set of swinging doors and across the hall and into a different slot. Soon my lovely mother showed up and I was happy to see her. Then over the next 45ish minutes they took my vitals several times and finally anounced I could go home. After it took me a lot longer than normal to get into street clothes we left the hospital. I then spent the rest of the day in the lazy-boy chair and then my dad went and got my drugs from the pharmacist and then I felt even better and then that was the end.
Today I just continue to heal ( I think, I hope.) I do look a little like a chipmunk, but personally I think it's kinda cute. (better cute, then ugly, right?:P).
Hope you enjoyed the story and it didn't bore you too much.
3 comments:
I have to go on June 24....except without the general anesthetic....
I am not stoked.
oohhhh. I will be praying for you!
wow. brings back too many memories lol. i'm glad you're doing well and i'll be praying for you!
Post a Comment