I witnessed a beautiful wedding yesterday.
It was a party, full of joy and love.
And I was overcome with the realness of it.
The pastor who officiated had a wonderful message for the couple, (but it was also for everyone else present).
The wedding text was Mark 10: 13-16 "The Little Children and Jesus".
An odd text for your wedding- but only at first glance.
He spoke about how Jesus rebuked his deciples, saying "let the little children come to me", and then he embraced them. Hugged these children, touched them appropriately and made them feel special and adored.
He spoke about how through touch and words Jesus affirmed these children.
He spoke about how Jesus attached high value to these children's lives.
And finally he spoke about how Jesus showed grace to everyone around Him.
Then the pastor suggested that following through with, living and accepting those 4 points (main words bolded and italicized) are what makes a marriage as strong as it can be. NOT just a marriage, but a relationship, of any kind. (That's what made it a message for everyone present.)
I thought that was pretty dang awesome, and I was encouraged.
No comments:
Post a Comment