Oh, that I might have my request, that God would grant what I hope for.
(v.8)
What strength do I have, that I should still hope?
What prospects, that I should be patient?
Do I have the strength of stone?
Is my flesh bronze?
Do I have any power to help myself, now that success has been driven from me?
(v.11-13)
Teach me and I will be quiet; show me where I have been wrong.
How painful are honest words!
But what do arguments prove?
Do you mean to correct what I say, and treat the words of a despairing man as wind?
You would even cast lots for the fatherless and barter away your friend.
But now be so kind as to look at me.
Would I lie to your face?
Relent, do not be unjust; reconsider, for my integrity is at stake.
(v.24-29)
(whoa...)
No comments:
Post a Comment