Kathleen
A regal queen, determined
Truffles, hard then soft and sweet
The ocean breeze after a storm
Grace overcoming and calm settling
A rose, silky and thorny altogether
A girl
It was like seeing my name for the first time. At first it was hard to detach myself from "my" name, but as I worked on it, it became easier. After I shared it with the class, my teacher challanged me to think about myself and figure out if I had any of these qualities. She was especially intrigued by the whole, hard then soft and sweet thing and the silky AND thorny part. She wondered if I had some sort of (maybe secret) edge to me. My friends laughed. I told her the best people to ask if this was true, were my friends. My friend Dylan laughed harder. I'd like to think it was me thinking about my name from afar and not finding out I have some kind of hard edge to me.
We also had to do one for a place in the same format. With no further ado, here it is:
168, 20 minutes away
Family gathered
Warmth and Comfort
Firmiliarity, Sweetness, Them
Laughter, Sincerity and Scarcasm
I belong (t)here
Second home
I'm realizing poetry is one of the quickest ways to the heart of understanding.
1 comment:
that last sentence is sooooooooooooooo true
Post a Comment