Thursday, December 30, 2010

closing 2010

Goodbye 2010.
Oh, you have taught me much.
Remember that thought I had as I gazed out at the lake last New Years Day. The thought I had as I trailed my seemingly happy friends along snow and ice?
It was all brand new, the slate was clean, I could go do so much with 2010.
I did.
I was accepted into the most competitive program at my university of choice. I finished my victory lap and graduated high school. I fell, hard. I lost my summer job before it even began. I won a massive scholarship. My heart was broken. I grew closer to the best friend that I have ever had. I moved out. I started university. I succeeded. I toughened up. I closed some chapters. I grew closer to God. I finished my first term of university, satisfied.

I loved and lost this year.
I gained a whole new world.
I realized the true definition of friendship. it's not to take, but to give. some people need a lesson in that.

This was another fast and slow year. In a couple days, 2011 will begin and it will be a new clean slate once again. You cannot get in my way. You cannot weigh me down. I refuse, because I'm done with the games. And I'm changing some stuff.


Perhaps sometimes I will update this blog.
But that's my message, if people even read this. I don't really care that much.

"It is better to have loved and lost, then never have loved at all"
Alfred Lloyd Tennyson
AND
"God is Enough"
Lecrae

Happy New Year.


No comments: