Friday, January 02, 2009

Welcome to 2009

The beginning of my new year was beautiful; a combination of God's Word, singing, love and friends, new and old. I don't think you can get much better than that. Actually, you can't.

Before I go on with the new year I do have some final comments on the old year of 2008:

I can't say I was upset to leave 2008 behind, but in other ways, it was probably the best year of my life so far. Sometimes I think this odd considering some of the circumstances I found myself in or beside. On the flip side (because there is always a flip side) It was all for good.

It was another year of growing for me, growing in God, growing in love, in my emotional self and in, or rather, growing out of my comfort zone.

It was a year of pain. I lost my dearest grandfather and a few elderly friends. My heart was broken. I lost chances and some dreams were shut down.

It was a year of becoming. Becoming more like myself and less of what I thought would please others.

It was a year of challenge. I became a camp counselor and I was tested in my faith, patience and endurence. I struggled through many a thought and situation seemingly beyond myself (not just at camp).

It was a year of triumph. I became a camp counselor, and my life was changed. I reached people and made a difference in their lives (this did not just happen at camp either).

It was a year of love. I found my family close to me. Old friends remained, even if changed. New friends entered with much joy. I fell in love.

It was a year of revelation. My eyes were opened to other situations people find themselves in this world, starting with Service Week. I realized many things.

It was a year of truth. Honesty reigned in almost all situations.

It was a year of vulnerability. I opened my heart to others. I let people see inside me. I was transparent enough for people to relate.

It was a year of thanksgiving. For God never ceases to pour out His blessings upon me. I must always be thankful for every breath I breathe.

It was a year of learning. Learning more about God, about myself, about love, about simply breathing.

It was a year of joy. Knowing my Granddad is with Jesus. Experiences never to be duplicated. Sharing my life with all kinds and sorts of beautiful people. Love.

With this said, I can look back and see God's hand, ever guiding me. For He really does know what He's doing. I am more than excited for this year. Excited for growing even more. Excited for serving. Excited to go crazy. Excited for adventures I'm not thinking about yet. Excited just to be walking beside the LORD, one step at a time.

I'm excited for love. (Yes, still.)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide, and long and high and deep is the love of Christ and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
(Ephesians 3:16-21 NIV.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

same. on most things. lol. i have yet to experience all of that. :)

Acappella does a song called Fullness Of God. which just now i realize is inspired by that Bible passage. :D