Here I am once again at the end of another week of camp. A very different week of camp. After pulling 15 hour days, growing more in awe of my Savior and learning lots, I am full of His presence in my life. I had the the priviledge and great frustration of leading seven, mostly eight year old's, along with my co-counsellor who was also a CIT. Fortunately we hit it off and are now great friends. We bumped along figuring it out as we went. It was an incredible week. I met some truly amazing people. also serving as counsellor's. I was inspired by them, encouraged by them and I came away from the week with many new friends, praticularly one. It's amazing when you go somewhere and all around is the goodness of the Lord. You're in this little box full of blessings. Devotions, chapel, singing all the time, conversations on worship, the Holy Spirit and more, CPD's (Cabin pack devotions) and encouragement. I rather wish "real" life was like that; full of God all the time. It's our choice.
Our King came to serve us, not to be served.
These verses were a part of my experience:
I had a part of this verse in my head all week and I didn't have time to sit down and figure out where it was until I got home. The part I had in my head is in bold.
"Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything , to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place."--Ephesians 6: 13, 14.
"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves, is born of God and knows God" -1 John 4:7
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." -Galatians 5: 22, 23
"...Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead... -Philippians 3: 13b
"Finally brothers (and sisters), whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Whatever you have learned or recieved or heard from me, or seen in me-put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you"- Philippians 4:8,9.
I have sad news weighing on my heart, but that's for next time, I really want to revel in the blessings.
2 comments:
camp is hard to explain in words...but i know exactly what you mean. i also made a very good friend last year...my co-counsellor...and we still are friends...and we were both CIT's as well. i think i really know what you mean.
Post a Comment